Every afternoon at 5:00 the National Anthem plays here on base. This is a time where everyone stops what they are doing to listen and respect the freedoms they enjoy each day. This freedom could not be possible without those who have served and are currently serving in the military. Lauren has claimed the national anthem as, "her song." Each day as the song begins, she runs outside and on her way says, "Mommy, its my song!" After which, she stands on the side porch each day rain or shine with her hand over her heart facing the music.
After the song, I chased Lauren around trying to take pictures of her. She kept running from me so I couldn't take her picture. We both had a good time with that! I feel like lately I am always getting on Lauren for everything and praising Nolan just as much as I "yell" at her. It makes me sad. I told my friend Cassie today that I feel like the mom on "Everybody Loves Raymond" favoring my second child. I hate being on her all the time. She is such a sweet child. I keep reminding myself that she misses her daddy and needs extra attention from me.
There have been times where she will purposely do what Nolan is doing just to get my attention. It breaks my heart when she does that. I think we need a mommy/Lauren date soon. I am going home in a few day so I think I might make it a point to leave Nolan with my parents so me and Lauren can go do something fun together. I love being a stay at home mom so much and know that I am so blessed to be able to do this for our family. Without all of Joe's hard work I could never do what I do.
What a cutie. I know I just saw her yesterday, but goodness it looks like she grew a lot!
ReplyDeleteOkay....seriously Camara...I think they get the general idea. I do have spell check..I just choose not to use it...lol
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to tell you...Yes I did rent the movie from Rentbox...lol Sucks for you! But hey, there's no need for hitting, it hurts people. Hit the Rentbox.
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem with my kids. Everything Emma does is so cute but when teh big kids do it I get after them. I guess I just need to realize that my big kids need to act like little kids sometimes too! Also always getting after mine for not picking up but I clean up Emmas stuff. Never fair!
ReplyDelete