Us all in our new pajamas!
Reading from Luke about the birth of our Savior
Lauren putting out the reindeer food!
After Santa came!
Lauren and Nolan love Daddy's new pull-up bar!
The first picture of the morning!
Nolans eyes lit up when he saw the football!
The scroll inside the tree is for me! It was tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera this spring!
Grandma and Grandpa send the kids matching ornaments each year with their names on them
Okay so yes this is so long overdue, but I am just now getting around to blogging. I go through moods where I love to blog and then some like I just went through where I just put it off! We had an excellent Christmas. We got the tree put up a little later than most years, but I held out until Joe got home on the 5th of December. On Christmas Eve we just stayed home as a family and read the Christmas story in Luke by candlelight (there were actually lights on, but the candles were lit!...it counts!) and then enjoyed some wonderful fat free hors d'oeurves (yeah right!). We opened our pajamas so we could wear them to bed and have them on for Christmas morning. Nolan stayed up later than normal, but couldn't hold on any longer before he crashed around 9:30. Lauren, Joe and I went outside to put the reindeer food out in the yard. Our reindeer food consisted of old carrots I was going to throw away anyways mixed with glitter! They loved it. Every piece was gone when we checked in the morning! I guess we decided Santa was on a diet this year because we all went to bed and forgot to leave him cookies! I think he will survive! We also stayed home alone as a family for Christmas Day. We were just so happy to all be together for the holidays. It was so nice to sit around my our pajamas all day long and do whatever we felt like. I cooked most of the morning and into the afternoon and I actually dont know what anyone else did because I didn't leave the kitchen but maybe one time to use the restroom! I do know that Joe took care of the kids for those few hours! Things were fun! I love the warm feeling of Christmas. I spent a lot of time this year thinking of those less fortunate than us, that don't have a warm home to spend the holidays in. We are so truely blessed to have the simple things in life! I am so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment