Owen Joseph Capel was born about 3 weeks ago September 8, 2009. Some friends of ours watched Lauren and Nolan while Joe and I headed to the hospital for a planned induction. I was induced with Nolan so I already knew the drill. Wake up way early to be there by 6am. Oh and of course you don't get much sleep the night before since there are so many things to think about! By 11am the Doctor came in to see my progress and my water had already partially broken on its own. She went ahead and finished it off and then the progress was much more speedy after that. Owen was born at 4:06pm. He weighed 7lbs. 13oz. Just like his older brother did! He is a very good baby so far. I have had lots of help so this is my first official week "on my own." Joe was home for the first 10 days and then my mom came out for the next 7. We are still working on a schedule. He likes to fall asleep while eating, making it so he gets hungry more often....this does not help my sleep time! I keep telling myself that it will be over before I know it. It is so true. Time goes by sooooo fast. Soon he will be crawling, talking, and walking. I love that I get to be home with my children to experience those special milestones with them. Time is so priceless.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Welcome to the World Baby Owen
Owen Joseph Capel was born about 3 weeks ago September 8, 2009. Some friends of ours watched Lauren and Nolan while Joe and I headed to the hospital for a planned induction. I was induced with Nolan so I already knew the drill. Wake up way early to be there by 6am. Oh and of course you don't get much sleep the night before since there are so many things to think about! By 11am the Doctor came in to see my progress and my water had already partially broken on its own. She went ahead and finished it off and then the progress was much more speedy after that. Owen was born at 4:06pm. He weighed 7lbs. 13oz. Just like his older brother did! He is a very good baby so far. I have had lots of help so this is my first official week "on my own." Joe was home for the first 10 days and then my mom came out for the next 7. We are still working on a schedule. He likes to fall asleep while eating, making it so he gets hungry more often....this does not help my sleep time! I keep telling myself that it will be over before I know it. It is so true. Time goes by sooooo fast. Soon he will be crawling, talking, and walking. I love that I get to be home with my children to experience those special milestones with them. Time is so priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cutie! And welcome to the crazy world of three kids!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have another beautiful baby on your hands! But I can't get over how great you look after just delivering a baby - not exhausted, just happy.
ReplyDelete