The Capel Family

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The "Younger" Older Sibling

Every parent wonders how a new baby will effect the older siblings...especially the "younger" older sibling. I must say that I really have been surprised with how Nolan has welcomed Owen. At first he really didn't pay much attention. Actually he still really doesn't. He continues on with his life as if Owen is not in it! Not that he doesn't occasionally show interest in him. There have been a few times when I have caught him poking his eyes and pointing to all his body parts as if he is his personal "body part" model! Owen usually is quick to let me know when he is being poked and prodded at! Nolan is actually very loving when he is taking care of Owen. He lets me know when it is his turn to be held and played with, but normally after about 10-15 min. of attention, his cup is full and he goes on with his day. He is such a sweetie. I am so happy with my boys. I'm of course just as happy that I have a darling little girl as well. Lauren and Nolan play so well together. I'm so excited to see Nolan and Owen play too! They are close in age so hopefully they will have a close bond. I hope all my kids are close. It is so much more fun that way!


Checkin out his new brother

Nolan is infatuated with all these new toys we have!

Lauren wanted a turn too!

Well, Lauren broke our last bouncer when Nolan was a baby, so here goes another one!

Lovin on his brother

Nolan being soft

And Nolan being not so soft giving his brother knuckles! Nolan and his daddy have this thing where they give each other high five and then knuckles afterwards! It's really cute!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the knuckles! Yeah, my boys broke Ruby's bouncer already, too :(

    ReplyDelete