The Capel Family

Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

This year's Christmas was a bit interesting compared to most years. We drove to Indiana to be with all our family (my side). There were a few hiccups in the trip, but we still had a good time. We were able to see a lot of family we don't normally get to see when we go home. Uncle Greg and Aunt Shelly, my cousin Nikki and her family, Grandma Poor, Eric and Michelle and their new baby girl Arianna, and Cassidy and Anita and their family. It was fun to have all the newborn babies together. Arianna was born in July, then 5 weeks later in September Owen was born and then 6 weeks later in October Ava was born. They are all super adorable babies! It was fun to see my sister as a first time mom taking care of her baby. I am so glad I was able to be pregnant with her at least once. We have enjoyed sharing various stories before and after their births. We are also both learning in a very real way that there are many different parenting styles out there and neither one is labeled as either right nor wrong. It is okay to do things differently!

Just before we left for Indiana we gave the kids an early gift from us. Their Leapsters! That way they had something to do on the 8 hour trip there. They seemed to help distract them some, but 8 hours is a long time! They always do great in the car though so it wasn't too bad.

Even though Nolan is probably too young for one, I know he would have tried to steal Lauren's so in order to prevent a problem, he got one too!

Miss Lauren of course got the pink one!

Nolan was a pro at tearing the tissue paper. We should have just given him that for Christmas!

Mr. Nolan opening his Cars lego set from his Uncle Cassidy


Miss Lauren with her new cousin Ava

Shawna (the new mommy) and he baby Ava

They will be friends one day!
Owen and Ava


We enjoyed the snow once we got to Indiana and also on the drive home. We came home to an unshoveled driveway and a porch covered in snow! Since we got home we have been hermits! Playing lots of games and organizing for our big move coming up. New Years was just simple, but fun. We stayed home with just the family. Everyone but Owen stayed up until midnight. He decided to wake up and celebrate around 2am! Lucky me! The kids loved playing games and celebrating! They looked so cute with their little champaign glasses filled with sparkling white grape juice. It's so fun to be all grown up and have a family of my own. I love it!


1 comment:

  1. Well it will only be a matter of time before I will be jealous of you. If you can play your cards right you can have on of the locals make your kitchen table for you for a great price. My friend that lived there just took them in a picture of what she wanted and they made her a table and hutch for her. All for about $800, it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm already Jealous of you with you living in Turkey, because you have moved, I'm already wanting out of here. I have the itch to move again, so Joseph applied for a job in England at the post office. I doubt we get it, because we didn't get the last one he applied for either. But yea, I'm already bored of this base.

    ReplyDelete