January always goes by so fast!! It seems like it was just Christmas. The new year is turning out well, so far. Camara and I are beginning classes again. We haven't taken classes for a couple of months b/c of the new baby and vacations. Camara is taking an English class and Intro to Business. I'm in a PC components class, one of two classes needed to get my A+ certification. We are already feeling the additional pressure of more to do. Camara is having a hard time deciding what to major in, so for now her major is general studies. I am almost finished with my AA in Logistics and will soon begin work on my BS. I am hoping to expand my career into a computer science degree. We are both very happy that we are able to go to school. Lauren is still just as beautiful and cheery as always. Often times she will come up to me and in a real sweet voice say "I love you so much." Nolan is beginning to be fun. He smiles a lot like Lauren did. I think that he will be just as much fun as Lauren was/is. We love being parents. This year is going to be a little harder as I will be deployed from June-December. This will be my second rotation. We've known that it was coming so at least we can be prepared. I will be going to Qatar. It shouldn't be too bad. They have dorms instead of tents and they don't ever get attacked. I feel privileged to be able to serve in the military. Like they say, "Freedom isn't free." Camara is awesome though. Last rotation she kept busy by taking classes. She is very supportive. I am also going to Guam in February. I will be very busy but should have some time to go scuba diving. So there you go most of out year is already planned. Crazy stuff! We have a big vacation planned for next year so that should help us get through it all.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Getting back to school
January always goes by so fast!! It seems like it was just Christmas. The new year is turning out well, so far. Camara and I are beginning classes again. We haven't taken classes for a couple of months b/c of the new baby and vacations. Camara is taking an English class and Intro to Business. I'm in a PC components class, one of two classes needed to get my A+ certification. We are already feeling the additional pressure of more to do. Camara is having a hard time deciding what to major in, so for now her major is general studies. I am almost finished with my AA in Logistics and will soon begin work on my BS. I am hoping to expand my career into a computer science degree. We are both very happy that we are able to go to school. Lauren is still just as beautiful and cheery as always. Often times she will come up to me and in a real sweet voice say "I love you so much." Nolan is beginning to be fun. He smiles a lot like Lauren did. I think that he will be just as much fun as Lauren was/is. We love being parents. This year is going to be a little harder as I will be deployed from June-December. This will be my second rotation. We've known that it was coming so at least we can be prepared. I will be going to Qatar. It shouldn't be too bad. They have dorms instead of tents and they don't ever get attacked. I feel privileged to be able to serve in the military. Like they say, "Freedom isn't free." Camara is awesome though. Last rotation she kept busy by taking classes. She is very supportive. I am also going to Guam in February. I will be very busy but should have some time to go scuba diving. So there you go most of out year is already planned. Crazy stuff! We have a big vacation planned for next year so that should help us get through it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment