The weather is finally starting to warm up here....finally! It has been really chilly here for this time of the year. At least we arent getting snow like some other places are though! Needless to say, Im ready for some warmer weather! I love to go outdoors and walk and play with the kids and work in the yard. I'm sure once it gets really hot this summer I'll be wishin for some cooler weather!...it happens every year!
The kids are doing great...Lauren is talking my ear off and is putting new sentences together really well...She might even be doing better if she would get rid of the dumb binky! I try to take it from her, but she always finds it! She has been doing better. I have been telling her that on her 3rd birthday, Cinderella's mice are going to take it away b/c she will be a big girl and wont need it anymore! She seems okay with the idea so we'll see! Nolan is trying ever so hard to get on all fours to crawl. He gets very frustrated, as do all kids, when he can't do it! Poor guy, he'll get it soon enough though. He is a huge little man. He is not quite 6 months old and is ready to get into 12 month clothes. This is another reason why summer needs to get here b/c I dont have any more warm clothes for him...so sleepers it is until it gets warm! I do have a couple pair of pants, but they are getting short on him! I have been trying to get him to say, "Dada" for awhile now...he isnt saying anything yet, but I have 8 more weeks to get him to say it before his daddy leaves for 6 months.
So yes, I did say 8 weeks! : ( I hate the thought of it, but we have to do it. I hate it that Joe has to miss out on the kids for 1/2 a year. They change so much when they are this young. It is hard for me when he's gone, but harder for him I think. We can do it though. It does make us stronger. The place he is going is in Quatar and isnt a dangerous place. Im sure it could be since it is out in the middle east, but that is not where all the roadside bombs and shootings are happening. Im glad for that. I wish there was an easier way to earn a living, but unfortunately, for us, this is the best way. We will be together all the time someday when he retires. All this sacrifice will be rewarding I know it! We have been super busy getting things done before he goes. Here in a few weeks we will be going to Florida for out 5 year anniversary. Our anniversary is July 1st, but he will be gone then. Family and couple vacations are really important to both of us. We really enjoy the memories we have when we take them. Next year we are going on a cruise and last year we went to Alaska. Im excited to get some alone time with him before he goes. Mom and Dad are watching Nolan and Lauren for 5 days while we go. It will be so nice for us! It will feel like we're dating all over again! Fun fun...well we're still here hangin in there. Hopefully this year can go by quickly so we can get out Joe back!
I told you I would find you!
ReplyDelete