
This weekend we are planning on going down to Texas once again for a training for Joe. He is deploying in about 3 weeks. We decided to drive so we could spend the driving time together and so that we could see Angie ( Joe's sister) again. We wish we lived closer to them. She is trying to talk us into moving near her...not like we could if we wanted to anyways! The military sort of owns us right now!.... Which is fine with me for now...without the military we would be paying for so much more. Yeah our actual paychecks arent great, but we have housing, cheap food, life/health insurance, and so many more benefits that we wouldnt have otherwise. Lately Joe has been talkin
g about possibly separating from the military once his schooling is finished, but the more we think about it the more scary is seems to be out. We both hate deployments just b/c we miss out on family time. Joe misses out so much more though. This time Lauren is going to understand more that here daddy is gone and it is going to be more tough. Nolan is still carefree and could really care less as long has his needs are taken care of. I am so blessed to have a husband that is willing to support his family no matter what it takes. I am happy that he doesnt keep skipping around from job to job. He did some when we first got married, but that is normal when you have no education. I think it is so hard on families when their parents continue to change jobs and seem to have no stability. I know if Joe were to do that then I would feel so unstable. He does a good job though!The kids are doing lots of fun things. Lauren is mimmicking everything we (Joe and I) do. She just tried to hit me (I think she was playing...she didnt like somthing that I told her) but she was trying to hit me and hit her arm on the desk...of course she cried and did I show her any remorse...None whatsoever! Call me mean, but she was trying to hit me! Some
It took Joe a long time to get used to having a boy, but I know he loves Nolan just as much as Lauren now....I think he always loved him, but he had a hard time excepting that he wasn't a girl. Joe wanted all girls...and I was okay with that, but now I dont care if we have another boy....Nolan is so special! I would love another little girl too though....so we'll have to see!
Well today is Joe's 27th birthday (he's an old fart!) Not quite actually! He is at work all day today, but has tomorrow off so we will probably celebrate as a family tonight and spend the day together tomorrow. I love spending time with the family...it is probably my most favorite thing to do. Lauren has been begging me to make Daddy's birthday cake so I better get so I can help her with that.
Oh I love those pictures they are so cute. I know what you mean about the military being a stable job. I hope that Joe is able to cross train into something that doesn't have him deploy as much. You are a very strong woman that's for sure.
ReplyDelete