A couple weeks ag
o Lauren was having a hard time taking her naps so it resulted in bribing! Joe was at work finishing some things up for his deployment. I told Lauren that if she would go to sleep that when she woke up Daddy would take her to the fair. Shortly after I told her that she was asleep. About 2 hours later Joe came home and then not too long after, Lauren woke up. I came in to greet her and the first thing she said was, "Daddy take me to the fairy?" It was so cute how she called it the fairy! I then bit my tongue because I didnt think she would remember! Joe hates rides and so do I. I went outside where Joe was and explained to him that I volunteered him to take Lauren to the fair earlier when I wanted her to go to sleep
and now she is up and ready to go! He laughed and was okay with taking her. We ended up going together the next night (Joe's last evening with us before he left). It was pretty pricy so we only bo
ught enough tickets for a couple rides. Joe took Lauren on the slide and I took her on the Ferris Wheel. Niether one of us handle circle rides very well and since Joe had to be on a plane the whole next day, I got to go on the ferris wheel! It wasn't too bad though. Lauren and I paid our 4 ticket
s each, which ended up being $4 a piece to ride....rip off I know! Anyhow, we got on and everytime the ferris wheel reached the top and we could see everything below (all the bright lights from the fair) Lauren would say, "Wow Mommy this is awesome!" It was so funny to me for her to say that because she has never used that word before, and I didnt even know she knew that word! I love kids and how they learn so quickly! We had a great time and walked over to Sonic for slushes afterwards. Their prices were much more affordable than "carny" prices! We had a great time and the kids went home and slept really well that night!
About 8 hours after we got home and to bed, Joe was up and ready to leave. He had to leave at 6am. I woke Lauren up because I wanted her to be able to see him leave. I ended up waking Nolan up so Joe could see him interact one last time at this age. Nolan was just as sweet as can be too. Lauren was tired and kept slipping back into her room. I knew she didnt realize that her Daddy was leaving right then so I kept waking her back up. I would tell her that he was leaving, but she was so exhausted she didnt care! She ended up waking up long enough to wave and blow kiss him off! Shortly after me and the kids went back to bed and finished our night of sleep! Things have been just fine for us since he's been gone. I thought I would be more upset, but we were really prepared for him to go. The first time he deployed I seriously felt like he had died. It was pretty tough. I of course miss him, but I have so much to keep me busy that I have very little time to be upset. Lauren asks where he is all the time and I explain that he is a long way away working and helping people. She always replies, "what his friends names?" She's so sweet! I love the things 2/3 year olds say. They are so smart. A couple days before Joe left Nolan said "ah Da"...we took that as a "dada!" The day Joe left I was taking Nolan out of his bed and said to him "Dada" and he replied, "Dada!" I was so glad he finally said it! And it was the weekend of Father's Day too! We celebrated Father's Day the week prior so Joe could be honored even though he was going to be gone. It was nice. I fixed Chinese and we went on a family walk. We only went to sacrament that day b/c Lauren wouldnt stay in nursery and Joe was so overwhelmed with everything he needed to be getting done. We enjoyed the day together as a family. We are together all the time as a family and love it. Thats why I thought it would be harder when he left. I guess all the TDY's this past year have really prepared us for this. I am grateful. We are such a blessed family.
No comments:
Post a Comment