The Capel Family

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Five Years!



Next Tuesday will be me and Joe's 5th wedding anniversary. Five years flew by so quickly. I never dreamed we would be in the situation we are right now. I dont think I would have ever thought I would have already had two kids by now 5 years ago. In the last five years I believe Joe and I both have grown up so much. We never have argued much, but we really have learned to respect each other and each others opinions. I am so happy with who I chose to spend eternity with. I know he feels the same way. I have never been with someone that wants to be with me all the time just like I want to be with them. Most men like lots of time alone with the "guys" or a lot of alone time, but Joe isnt really like that. He does enjoy his X Box, but he doesnt care if Im down there with him...in fact he prefers I be. I cant believe how well we get along. Of course there are times when stress gets to be a factor and we all know what comes out of that.




Right now Joe is in Qatar on a 6 month deployment and he has been there for only 1 week and 2 days. It seems like he has been gone longer though. We are carrying on as if he were here. I of course am playing both mommy and daddy which can be tricky, but women do it all the time and they survive! I really dont feel too stressed yet though. Lauren has been such a sweetheart asking where her daddy is all the time, and Nolan doesnt care about anything as long as he gets fed! I hate deployments, but they strengthen all of us. Joe and my marriage is stronger b/c of them. I am more independent and have more confidence b/c of them too. The kids learn to adjust to change well. I think adjusting is a good quality to gain b/c life isnt always a bowl of cherries and things can change on a dime. Joe I believe has it the hardest b/c he has to leave his family and home and everything he knows for 1/2 the year. I at least get to sleep in my own bed...which is soooooo comfortable...we love it!




In the last 5 years we have lived with my parents, moved out into our own apartment, gone to college....still working on it!...,moved to Utah, joined the USAF, had 2 beautiful children, gone on many vacations, bought 2 cars, sold 2 cars!....We still have the two we bought and they're still kickin!, gone through 2 deployments and many TDYs, paid off our debt, re charged debt!, paid it off again! We have been through some tough times, but more good than bad. We are very blessed and I know that. I love where we are today and look forward to a lifetime full of more anniversaries! Joe you are so wonderful! Thanks for what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment