The Capel Family

Monday, March 29, 2010

709 McConnell Lane


This is a picture of our old house at Whiteman. Our old neighbor took it and sent it to us. I was not expecting to see this when I opened the file. It brought immediate tears to my eyes. This is my home that is being demolished! We made some really great memories in that home. We had 5 Christmas' in that house. We brought each one of our babies home from the hospital in that house. It was our first house together. It may not be the prettiest, but we loved it. We will miss it, but realize we have to make every place we are our "new" home.





4 comments:

  1. Aw, Camara it makes me so emotional to drive down that street... just from the memories of 1.5 short years, which you play a big part in! I made a blog here on Blogger, don't know how much I'll be around because I like my other blog but I love being able to keep in touch with you this way... Gotta work on my dang paper now. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that why they made you move? Just kidding. It would be sad, I have moved many times but I don't think they have demolished the house. Do know what they are building in that place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I would cry too! It's hard enough to leave someplace you've rocked your babies without it being torn down! I didn't realize that I'd be looking up to "little" Camara (haha, you know, because I was always SO mature!), but I'm so inspired by your attitude about everything- making wherever you are "home." I love reading about you here and on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is hard to take in all at once to see your house being destroyed. That doesn't even look like the same neighborhood. I'm a little saddened to see it go myself, that was a pretty street.

    ReplyDelete