June
We were able to visit Antioch (Antakya) with our branch. We visited an archaeological museum full of ancient Roman mosaics and artifacts. It is amazing how preserved some of these are.
 |
| A well preserved sarcophagus |
 |
This is one of the mosaics at the museum. There were hundreds of preserved mosaics at this museum |
 |
| Fatih and Sabihat, our kids' adopted grandparents here in Turkey |
 |
| At Fatih's beach house in Mersin. |
 |
| Turkish food is so amazing! I am going to miss it so much! |
 |
At Ebru's (our nanny) for an authentic Turkish spread
|
One last visit to Yumertalik Beach
Lauren's 6th Birthday
 |
| Mom went the easy route this year with her cake! But, she loved it! |
 |
| These were Lauren's birthday balloons that flew away minutes after we brought them. She was in tears, but I promised her she would laugh about it later! She seemed disgusted with the thought! |
 |
| She's just too beautiful! Lauren please don't grow up anymore! |
Germany
We took an unexpected trip to Paris over the summer. We were just driving in the general direction and just decided to keep driving once we got to France. Because of this we were only able to take pictures of these places. We didn't even go inside the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa. It was definitely a quick trip, but it was soooo worth it! We are so excited to go back!
 |
| Notre Dame Cathedral |
 |
| Arc de Triomphe |
The infamous Eiffel Tower
September
A group of friends got together for a mystery dinner.
The theme was "Murder on the Mound"
 |
I spent all day on this cake...can you tell! Good thing he loved it anyways! |
|
 |
| These are all my old co-workers. This was taken on my last day of work. I really did enjoy working, but am so happy to be back home with my kiddos. |
 |
| Joe had a pretty bad injury at work. This picture doesn't show it very well, but there are about 35 stitches on his forehead. He is very lucky the piece of glass did not hit his eye. Everything is healing nicely, but there is definitely a huge battle scar there now! We're just happy he is okay. |
 |
| Joe and I made Manti, one of my favorite Turkish meals. This is one meal I am so glad I learned how to make because it is so wonderful! We (Joe and I...not the kids!) are going to miss Turkish food so much. |
I love it babe! Thanks for doing such a great job on blogging about our cute little family. I love you and the kids so much!
ReplyDelete