Last April/May my mom was able to visit. We filled each of our 17 days with her! The first day we went to a place called Kizkalesi. I wrote about this place in my Castles in Turkey post awhile back. This beach is where Joe took me for my birthday when we first got here. I remember it feeling so cool to be able to say that I visited the Mediterranean for my birthday! A couple days after my mom got here we went to a place called Cappadocia for a couple days. As the pictures will show we were able to ride in a hot air balloon. It was quite a thrill especially when you throw two active little boys in there with you. Let's just say mommy was not able to fully enjoy the ride since she spent the entire time holding on to each boy for dear life! (Literally...dear life!) Our hotel gave us a really neat experience. Im glad we chose to stay in one of the cave hotels verses a regular hotel. The following week we went on our 7 Churches trip. We flew to Izmir (in western Turkey) and began our tour there. That was the one tour we really wanted to experience while we were over here in Turkey. It was so awesome to visit such amazing places from the scriptures that such a small percentage of Christians ever get to visit. I feel very blessed and privileged to have had that experience.
Cappadocia (Kapadokya)
Cappadocia (Kapadokya)
This is the cave hotel we stayed in. The rooms were dark and cold like a cave. We enjoyed our stay here.
Our 7 Churches Tour
Smyrna
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." -Revelation 2:11
Pergamum
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." -Revelation 2:17
Thyatira
"And he that overcometh, and keepth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations."
-Revelation 2: 26
Sardis
" He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." -Revelation 3:5
Philadelphia
"Him who overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out; and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." -Revelation 3:12
Loadicea
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." -Revelation 3:21
Ephesus
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches: To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God." -Revelation 2:7
" He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." -Revelation 3:5
| This is the old gymnasium. It had an Olympic sized pool in it |
| Joe sitting in the priest's chair in the ancient synagogue |
Philadelphia
"Him who overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out; and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." -Revelation 3:12
Loadicea
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." -Revelation 3:21
Ephesus
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches: To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God." -Revelation 2:7

No comments:
Post a Comment