The Capel Family

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The New Addition...and it isn't a baby!

Well Joe finally got his motorcycle! Earlier this summer he was down because he wanted one. He would see our neighbors go out together and I think he was jealous in a way. We talked about it and decided it wasn't an expense we needed at the time. When we got orders to Turkey we decided that it was a good idea to sell our 2nd car and get a motorcycle. My dad happened to be selling his, which was perfect because it is the only bike that actually fit's Joe's height without the handle bars knocking into his knees when he turns. When you PCS overseas you can only take one car. If you own a motorcycle you can take it as your housing goods. We looked up the weather in Turkey and it seems like it is comparable to California's weather. Chilly in the winter, but that's as harsh as it gets. We thought this would be great because then we could have 2 forms of transportation once we got there. Right now he is using it when the weather is nice to go to and from work. It seems like the days are depleting very quickly for nice comfortable riding weather. Today is is storming and very chilly.... Not a biking day! When we first moved here we only had one car and it wasn't a problem. We will manage. It's not that bad...I don't go anywhere!

Oh and one more thing I must make clear. I do have a little fear with the new addition. Motorcycles are dangerous and scary! Even with a good helmet and protective gear, they are still dangerous. People don't see motorcyclist as well as cars. It's freaky! The good thing is, Joe shares those same fears as I do. He understands the risk. He is in a way fearful of the power of the bike. I like that!...he won't be doing stupid stuff when he's out. The base requires reflective vests with contrasting colors, safety gloves, helmet (of course), long sleeves, long pants and boots. Not that it completely relieves the fear, but it will help me to know that he has taken every precaution he can to protect himself. I even told him that he is not allowed to even move the bike without his helmet on. We aren't taking any chances.





1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so JEALOUS!! Lol, I've been wanting a street bike since I turned 16, but now Martin says, "absolutely not ever"...we'll see in the future..;)

    ReplyDelete