Last Sunday was such a nice day. Perfect hiking weather!...so that's exactly what we did! Right outside of base is Knob Noster State Park. We have gone hiking there several times. The trees were perfectly colorful! So gorgeous! The kids love to run on the trails. Nolan gets so excited he often forgets to look down at the rocks and tree roots under his feet!...Let's just say he did some tumbling! Nothing a few mommy kisses didn't fix! Lauren and Nolan love running ahead of us. This time Daddy got a surprise! The kids had already run ahead and I was behind Joe. He started jumping and freaking out....A snake had slithered across the trail right at his feet! I couldn't believe how well it blended in with the brush of the forest. I tried to get pictures, but it was too fast. The one's I did get you can hardly see it b/c it camouflaged so well. The trail we chose was pretty long. The kids started getting tired about 1/2way through so we decided to take a different route out of the woods. It really didn't save us much walking as we learned! We ended up holding kids the entire way back! I had Owen in tow the entire time, but couldn't bare to watch Nolan cry because he wanted held....so, being the superwoman that I am, picked him up and carried him for parts of the walk back. Holding two babies wasn't too bad. I normally walk on the treadmill holding Owen in his swaddler. He sleeps and I walk. I tell him, "you helped me put on this weight, and you are going to help me get it off!" It makes me work harder with an extra 10+ lbs hanging on me. With the two kids on the hike I think I was carrying and extra 35-40 extra lbs. Crazy what mama's will do for their babies! By the time we got back we were ready to get home and relax.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday Hike
Last Sunday was such a nice day. Perfect hiking weather!...so that's exactly what we did! Right outside of base is Knob Noster State Park. We have gone hiking there several times. The trees were perfectly colorful! So gorgeous! The kids love to run on the trails. Nolan gets so excited he often forgets to look down at the rocks and tree roots under his feet!...Let's just say he did some tumbling! Nothing a few mommy kisses didn't fix! Lauren and Nolan love running ahead of us. This time Daddy got a surprise! The kids had already run ahead and I was behind Joe. He started jumping and freaking out....A snake had slithered across the trail right at his feet! I couldn't believe how well it blended in with the brush of the forest. I tried to get pictures, but it was too fast. The one's I did get you can hardly see it b/c it camouflaged so well. The trail we chose was pretty long. The kids started getting tired about 1/2way through so we decided to take a different route out of the woods. It really didn't save us much walking as we learned! We ended up holding kids the entire way back! I had Owen in tow the entire time, but couldn't bare to watch Nolan cry because he wanted held....so, being the superwoman that I am, picked him up and carried him for parts of the walk back. Holding two babies wasn't too bad. I normally walk on the treadmill holding Owen in his swaddler. He sleeps and I walk. I tell him, "you helped me put on this weight, and you are going to help me get it off!" It makes me work harder with an extra 10+ lbs hanging on me. With the two kids on the hike I think I was carrying and extra 35-40 extra lbs. Crazy what mama's will do for their babies! By the time we got back we were ready to get home and relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment