Looking in the fridge I spied the last two pieces of pizza from last night dinner. Lauren, never having cold pizza before, bit into it and said, "Daddy it's cold." I asked if she liked it, in which she replied, "UUhhhhh huh," reminding me a little of the Little Rascals Alfalfa character. So there we sat eating cold pizza watching Peter Pan, with Lauren giving me all of her pepperoni she thought were "hot." I thought it was fun and cute but didn't really think anything else of it.
An hour later Camara and I were talking. After asking her if she had eaten b-fast yet, I told her about my experience of introducing cold pizza to Lauren. Camara said, "Lauren told me already. She said that you and her had a "home date." Lauren thought that we had gone on a daddy/daughter date. Apparently what I thought of as just a simple morning of cold pizza, was really, to my little girl Lauren, a date with her father. I was kinda blown away. Things like that make you remember that it is the little things that count.
I was happy to see that my daughter felt special this morning because I took 10 minutes and shared a cold piece of pizza and watch Peter Pan with her.
Lauren and Daddy
(Taken the other day sometime before bedtime)
oh, my goodness, this is just too sweet. I absolutely love it! Makes me think of my childhood. Daddy/daughter relationships are so special! She's a lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteIm glad you wrote this! It is so true that the little things you overlook are the things that are important. Kids remember the simple things from their childhood like how mom always sang me a song before bedtime and how dad always read me a story right before. I love that you are such a great dad. The kids will never forget how wonderful you are! Love you baby!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such a tender moment. I remember the special times with my dad. I have many many wonderful memories with dad that I will treasure for eternity. I was always a daddy's girl. Your will not really understand how important a daddy daughter relationship is until Lauren chooses her spouse. You can tell by Camara's chose what a good relationship she has with her father. Great Job Joe #1 DAD
ReplyDelete