The Capel Family

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Adam and Melissa
Loren and Meg


Both of these couples are our neighbors. Meg and Loren just moved in earlier this year and Adam and Melissa have been our neighbors for over 2 years now. They are both really good couples and we are blessed to have such good neighbors.

My little family on Thanksgiving



Lauren knows how to please mommy with a cute smile for picture time!


Lauren cutting the bananas for our jello salad with her safe cutting kids knife




Lauren and Nolan love helping out in the kitchen

Though Thanksgiving wasn't the same without Joe, we still enjoyed our day. We were invited along with one of our other neighbors, to go next door for dinner. Everything tasted really good and we really had a fun time. I made deviled eggs and jello/fruit yummy salad! It was so nice to have a year off from cooking. Lauren spent the day with her "sister" and best friend Jordyn and Nolan ran around chasing their cat and getting into everything! We played a few games of skip-bo and then had to call it a night when kids started crying. In the morning me and some friends are headed to the BX to start our Christmas shopping. They are handing out free $20 gift cards for the first 100 shoppers. The store opens at 4 and we are leaving the house at 2:45. I am planning on going to bed very soon! Joe comes home a week from today! I am so ready! I have lots on my calendar before he gets home, but Im sure it will all get done somehow. If it doesn't nobody will know, but me! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Joe comes home so soon. And I am proud of the strength that you have had during the time that he has been gone! You are a true Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day. Glad you enjoyed it as much as you can without your hubby. You seem to make the best of everything. Can't wait for your reunion! Did you bring your kiddos to the BX that early?! You are crazy! Hope you had fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete