The Capel Family

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Genius Idea!

I stole this idea from a friend of mine, and I think she stole it from someone else, but it is genius! My kitchen floor is always disgusting in spite of the marble pattern that is supposed to hide dirt.....or in our case...food! I first put the kids socks on inside out with the rough side out! Then I filled a bucket with soap and warm water. The kids took turns stepping in and then back out to help mop the floor with their feet. Lauren did really well and actually helped out a lot! Nolan spent more time in the bucket trying to figure out why he wasn't getting into trouble for getting all wet! He mostly just walked on the floor instead of skate like you're supposed to do! It's okay. With more practice they will get better! I then had to take my regular mop and soak up all the excess water! Not much of a time saver for me right now, but a fun way the kids can feel like they helped me clean!





4 comments:

  1. I just figured out how to leave a comment. I could never get it to work before???

    CONGRATS on baby Owen. He is adorable! You have the cutest little kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and a great idea! I am going to have to try it with Nora, I think Tyler will be the Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I recognize this :) Seriously, I just put on a pair of socks too and then use a towel under my feet to dry. Beats trying to keep the kids off the floor while you mop though, huh?

    PS LOVE LOVE LOVE the story about Joe and Lauren's date! Such a good dad!

    ReplyDelete